Friday, March 27

Anderson Silva plans to fight again in 2016: Coming back next year was my plan anyway


Former UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva revealed that he is interested in fighting out the remainder of his contract.


Former UFC kingpin Anderson Silva may have shocked the MMA community with his multiple failed drug tests last January, as well as with his refusal to take responsibility for the drugs in his system, but he still plans to fight again in 2016 once the air has been cleared.


The Brazilian star revealed that a lab is currently analyzing the drug test results, as well as all the supplements he used during his recovery, and that his hearing in front of the Nevada Athletic Commission had been delayed. However, given the standard bureaucratic procedures, Silva does not expect to return to the octagon until 2016.


"I will be back next year," Silva said during a quick Q&A session with fans after a seminar in Rio de Janeiro. "We don't know yet what's going to happen because all the stuff I used during the treatment for my broken leg and my supplements were taken to the commission's lab to be examined so we can find out what happened. I don't know what happened. It was a surprise for me as well. Coming back next year was my plan anyway, so it's normal."


Aware that he will return to a division filled with starving wolves awaiting their title shots, Silva does not expect to fight for a title anytime soon. In fact, he suggested that he may never get the time to pursue that goal again.


"First of all, I have to earn it," Silva said of fighting for the UFC title one more time. "The fighters who are up there earned that spot, to fight for the UFC title, and I have to conquer my space in the division again. Step by step, starting from zero. I don't know if I will have enough time for that, but if I have the opportunity to earn it, it's possible."


Transcription taken from MMAFighting.com.


No comments:

Post a Comment