Sunday, March 22

Dana White plans to talk to Josh Koscheck about retirement: I'm gonna try to push him in that direction


UFC President Dana White revealed that he is inclined to push Josh Koscheck towards retirement, even though he has a “soft spot” for the TUF season 1 fighters.


It was a mere three weeks ago that UFC veteran Josh Koscheck was choked out by Jake Ellenberger until his mouth frothed. That image remained engraved in the minds of fans and pundits as they witnessed the TUF season 1 veteran lose a second fight via submission just a few weeks later.


With the fight against Erick Silva now behind him, Koscheck is uncertain about his next step in the organization. He completed his UFC contract with five consecutive losses in the promotion, which would generally mean the end of one's tenure. However, Koscheck refused to commit himself to retirement.


"I'm not happy with where I'm at right now," Koscheck said during the post-fight press conference. "I'm 37 years old and the last couple of fights on my contract haven't been great. But I took this fight on short notice and I knew I could come in and make this a fun fight. It didn't go my way tonight, but I showed up and I fight every time. Today is just Erick's day."


UFC President Dana White also shied away from a firm answer with regards to Koscheck's future. However, he did suggest that he was open to nudging the veteran closer towards retirement.


"I have a soft spot for the season one guys," White said. "Koscheck doesn't want to retire. He wants to talk in a couple days. I'm gonna try to push him in that direction.


"Josh and I will talk in a couple days and we'll go from there."


Transcription taken from MMAFighting.com.


No comments:

Post a Comment