Monday, March 16

Donald Cerrone says Khabib Nurmagomedov’s trash talk is working: I’m going to come f**king unglued


UFC lightweight Donald Cerrone admits that Khabib Nurmagomedov is beginning to frustrate him with his trash talk.


Since Khabib Nurmagomedov decided to improve his English last year, he has put his newfound knowledge to productive use by targeting his potential opponents with a consistent slew of witticism. So far, it has worked wonders for the Dagestani fighter, as he spent months tormenting former champion Anthony Pettis before moving on to Donald Cerrone.


His constant callouts of "Cowboy" on social media have even begun to bother Cerrone, who rarely admits to being hot under the collar. In return, Donald plans to harness that anger and use it to inflict pain on the final remaining obstacle to his title shot.


"He's really getting under my skin," Cerrone said at UFC 185's fan Q&A. "He's doing a good job talking s**t on Twitter and trying to get under me, and it's working. So I'm stocking that up and I'm going to come f**king unglued."


Cerrone has compiled a seven-fight win streak and is already 2-0 in 2015, with wins over Myles Jury and Benson Henderson just two weeks apart. Against Khabib, he faces an undefeated lightweight has been stuck on the sidelines nursing a knee injury since his last win back in April 2014. The victory came in the form of a unanimous decision against current champion Rafael dos Anjos. It marked the Dagestan native's sixth straight win in the UFC, and extended his undefeated streak to an impressive 22-0.


Given both their streaks, UFC President announced following UFC 185 that the winner of their lightweight bout would be next in line for a title shot.


"I will give Khabib everything I got, I promise that," Cerrone added. "I will leave nothing in the f**king cage, The (Benson) Henderson fight, I left a lot out there. But I plan on getting Khabib.


Transcription taken from MMAFighting.com


No comments:

Post a Comment