Tuesday, March 17

New Bellator MMA light heavyweight champion Liam McGeary rewarded with contract extension


Bellator MMA feels the future is bright for Liam McGeary. Their undefeated light heavyweight champion has just signed a new contract that should keep him around for quite a while.


Things aren't going so well for Emanuel Newton in the last month, as he lost the Bellator light heavyweight title to Liam McGeary, and then got fined and suspended after failing a routine drug screening (for pot).


For Liam McGeary, however, things couldn't be going any better. He's undefeated at 10-0, the new poster boy of Bellator MMA, and Scott Coker clearly wants him to feel like they are committing to his future with a new multi-fight deal.


McGeary gave a statement to the press following his signing of a contract extension on March 16th.


"I'm excited to have signed this contract extension with Bellator. I know that I've got a target on my back as Champion, but I've never been one to walk away from a fight. Whoever Scott Coker decides to put across the cage from me next, it doesn't matter. To me, their name might as well be 'Victory No. 11'. I look forward to working with Coker and Spike TV for years to come."

Bold words from the champion, but Bellator will undoubtedly line up opponents for him to back them up.


Any suggestions?


No comments:

Post a Comment