Friday, March 20

UFC 189: Aldo vs. McGregor World Tour press conference full video replay


Conor McGregor was in Rio de Janeiro as part of the UFC's world tour plans for his fight against featherweight champion Jose Aldo. It was as wild as you would expect.


It's safe to say that the UFC 189 main event between Jose Aldo and Conor McGregor will be the biggest fight in featherweight history. The UFC knows this and is embarking on a world tour to heavily promote this showdown between the greatest 145er the sport has ever seen and the brash, talented, and controversial Irish challenger.


The first of several press conferences took place in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil ahead of tomorrow's UFC Fight Night in the same city. Dana White led the proceedings and fans and journalists asked questions to the two fighters. Aldo had the raucous support behind him while McGregor, unfazed, continued his trash talking while being relentlessly booed. Jose was more than willing to shoot back at Conor by calling him a "fool" and asserting himself as one who will dominate McGregor. When the fans were given a mic, absolutely none of them asked a question but chose to praise Aldo and practically cut promos on his behalf. As someone who personally seldom watches press conferences live, this was a doozy.


Here are some quotables from the event:


Aldo: "He's just a fool. He's a fool. He stood in front of a security guard so he couldn't get to me. He's in deep s**t."


Aldo: "[Conor] doesn't even own Dublin. He's said a lot and done nothing. So I don't give a damn what he says. I just laugh at all his foolishness."


Aldo: "I was created in the street. I'm a street fighter. I'm just going to run him over. I don't care."


McGregor: "I own this town. I'm sitting up here with my feet on the desk. What are any of you going to do about it?"


McGregor: "I'm going to bang a left down the pipe and break his nose."


McGregor: "[Aldo] coasts. Facts are facts. When I hit, they fall. When he hits, they survive."


Fan: "Aldo will get you! Aldo will get you!"


Fan: "Aldo, show him the belt because he's never going to touch it!"


Dana White: "Does anybody have a question?"


Video of the entire press conference can be viewed at the top of the page, and I recommend skipping to roughly the 20 minute mark, because that's when it actually starts. Also included is Dana White's announcement of Ronda Rousey vs. Bethe Correia for UFC 190 in Rio on August 1st.


No comments:

Post a Comment