Tuesday, April 14

Ronda Rousey says 'there's no way' she won't return to WWE


UFC women's bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey made a very memorable appearance at WrestleMania 31, and says she will be making more appearances with WWE.


Ronda Rousey has been everywhere lately. The UFC women's bantamweight champion is coming off a 14-second win over Cat Zingano, and is doing the media rounds for her movie, Fast and Furious 7, which has grossed over 800 million dollars worldwide in just two weeks. She also made a memorable appearance at WWE's WrestleMania 31 late last month with her Fast and Furious co-star Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson, where over 70,000 fans chanted "Ronda's gonna kill you" at Stephanie McMahon.


Rousey spoke about the experience on a podcast hosted by the pro wrestler that she shares a nickname with, 'Rowdy' Roddy Piper. She also stated that she sees a return to WWE in her future (transcribed by David St. Martin of MMA Fighting):



"I hit the ground running. The first I ever wrestled was at Wrestlemania with an attendance record at Levi's Stadium. I had a problem when I left. There's no way I can't not go back in there again. There's no way. After experiencing that, there's nothing like it.


"The second I left I was already thinking, 'How can I possibly go back?' I didn't even change yet. I hadn't even gotten out of my outfit yet."


...


"I was nervous, in a way, when I knew [the appearance] was coming up," Rousey said. "I was trying to look like I was cool but my heart and my chest were [pounding]. I was trying not to look obvious but I think I totally did."



She also talked about the differences between a real fight and an appearance of that nature:



"I think it's the uncertainty of the fight. I don't know exactly what's going to happen. I don't know if I'm going to get really hurt. I don't know what they're going to come out with. My mind is still running over a million things that could possibly happen, whereas when I know exactly what's going to go down, roughly, because it didn't go down exactly as I thought.


"Give or take. I'm like, 'OK, this is the way it's going to be and if it's going to be this way I'm not going to screw it up.' Whereas in a fight, I'm like, 'Don't get stuck in a certain way. It can go any way so don't screw it up.' It's a different kind of anxiety."



Rousey will return to the octagon in July when she defends her title against Bethe Correia at UFC 190.


No comments:

Post a Comment