Friday, June 5

Kimbo Slice, Son with Autism Train Together Every Day Before Ken Shamrock Fight


Kimbo Slice is known for his menacing look and viral street fighting videos, but Slice is much more than that.

Bellator MMA recently released a video where we get to see Slice as a thoughtful and caring father. The “In Focus” piece shows a human side to the bare-knuckles legend ahead of his June 19th fight against Ken Shamrock.

Kevlar, Slice's son, has autism. Slice trains with his him every day. Slice spoke with the camera crew while his son was on the mat putting in work.

I'm giving him a part of me; he's giving me a part of him. Every now and then he'll just want to make sure I'm looking. He makes sure I catch his eye to see is my dad looking, is my dad watching. I want my dad to see me do this. That in itself is a great accomplishment to see my son learning how to wrestling, learning how to do jiu-jitsu. Makes me feel good inside. He loves it.
The video went on to follow Slice and his family having a fun time at Dave & Buster's. It was a refreshing look at Slice opposed to how we typically see him marketed. A softer side of a hardened figure.

Slice headlines the June 19th Bellator show against Shamrock on Spike TV at 9 p.m. ET.


Read more MMA news on BleacherReport.com

No comments:

Post a Comment