Sunday, August 2

Ronda Rousey Tells Bethe Correia 'Don't Cry' After 34-Second Fight at UFC 190

Bethe Correia learned the hard way at UFC 190 that what goes around comes around.

At the pre-fight staredown, Correia did her best to intimidate Ronda Rousey while saying "Don't cry."

That would come back to bite her.

Correia had done quite a bit of talking before the showdown, but her mouth would not help her when it came time to step into the Octagon. On Saturday night, Rousey ended the fight in a mere 34 seconds. And she had made sure to use her opponent's pre-fight words against her afterward.

As she walked away victorious, Rousey said to Correia, "Don't cry." Rousey talked about the words during the post-fight press conference, via Fox Sports' Damon Martin:

I said the exact same thing she was saying to me at the weigh-ins when she was screaming in my face at weigh-ins. She was saying 'Don't cry'.

So I turned around to her after I knocked her out and I said 'Don't cry'.

I consider the matter settled. I'm not going to have to think about her ever again after this day and I'm sure she'll have to think about me plenty. As far as I'm concerned, it's over and done with.

The talking may have been done to try to get inside of Rousey's head, but the only thing it did was add to the UFC star's fire.

Even after losing quickly, Correia had no regrets about talking a big game.

"I don't regret anything. Everything I said was very sincere," Correia said at the post-fight press conference, per Martin. "It was my point of view and what I believed in. I think I did a great job. The event was wonderful. It wasn't the result that I wanted, but I think everything that I said was something that I thought."

Let this be a lesson to any UFC fighter who thinks it's a good idea to talk trash to Rousey. If you can't back it up, it's going to come back to haunt you.

[Vine]

Read more MMA news on BleacherReport.com

No comments:

Post a Comment