Friday, November 27

Holly Holm Comments on Potential Rematch vs. Ronda Rousey

Many MMA fans are already salivating at the thought of a rematch between new UFC women's bantamweight champion Holly Holm and Ronda Rousey, but The Preacher's Daughter isn't putting any pressure on the former titleholder.

In an interview for AXS TV's "Inside MMA," Holm said it is important for Rousey to make the decision that is best for her (quote begins at 3:40 mark):

"I think that, as far as Ronda with the rematch, I feel like for her, do what you want do do," Holm said. "If you're passionate about it and want to get back and avenge that loss, then great. If you want to focus on other things, great. I'm supportive of any fighter kind of doing what they're passionate about."

After Rousey's shocking second-round knockout defeat at UFC 193, she posted on Instagram that she intends to return to the Octagon after taking some time away from fighting:

Rousey has a burgeoning movie career that includes the upcoming Road House remake, and her appearance at WrestleMania 31 has led to plenty of speculation that Rowdy could make the leap to WWE eventually.

After losing to Holm, though, Rousey has unfinished business to take care of in UFC.

When asked previously about clashing with Rousey for a second time on Bomani Jones' ESPN Radio show, Holm said a rematch is on the table if her opponent wants it, per Damon Martin of FoxSports.com:

If she wants the rematch and they put it together, you've always got to give the rematch. That's just how it goes. I've been on the other end of it before. I've been knocked out and I got to be able to get a rematch and avenge my loss.

I know I was glad to have that opportunity, and if you're a real champion, you're going to do that, you're going to give them the rematch. Of course, I'm going to train even harder and better for the next fight 'cause I know she'll be coming back swinging.

As one of the most competitive fighters in MMA, it is difficult to envision Rousey leaving quite yet.

 

Follow @MikeChiari on Twitter.

Read more MMA news on BleacherReport.com

No comments:

Post a Comment