Wednesday, February 17

Brock Lesnar and Holly Holm React to Ronda Rousey's Comments on Suicide

Brock Lesnar and Holly Holm have both reacted to Ronda Rousey’s claims that she’d been having suicidal thoughts in the wake of her loss to Holm last year.

Speaking on the The Ellen DeGeneres Show (h/t Paul Chavez of the DailyMail.com) Rousey said after the defeat at UFC 193 she was “literally sitting there and thinking about killing myself.” 

Lesnar said it’s important that fighters learn how to cope with defeat as well as winning. This was the first loss of Rousey’s career.  

One thing that I learned and she should have learned a long time ago was that you have to learn how to lose before you can actually win," the former UFC heavyweight champion said on SportsCenter (h/t Damon Martin of FOX Sports). "...You've got to be able to get back on the horse and this life is very precious and very short. One fight isn't going to make or break her career.”

Holm conceded that when she heard the quotes from Rousey, she wasn’t quite sure how to react.

“When I heard that she said that, for me it’s one of those things it’s like, ‘How do I respond to that?’" said the bantamweight champion, per Tristen Critchfield of Sherdog. “I don’t want to say I’m sorry because I think on a competitive level for me, if somebody was to say they’re sorry after [beating me], it’s like, ‘No, I’m a competitor.’ I’m not a charity case.”

More to follow.

Read more MMA news on BleacherReport.com

No comments:

Post a Comment