Monday, March 23

If Michael Bisping finally gets UFC title shot, 'I won't fail my f-cking drug test'
















Filed under: Featured Videos, News, UFC, Videos

Longtime UFC middleweight contender Michael Bisping still believes a title shot is in his future, and if he gets it, he can guarantee one thing: “I won’t fail my f-cking drug test for steroids.”


Bisping, of course, is one of the sport’s biggest critics of performance-enhancing drugs – and for good reason. His career record is littered with opponents who proved to be drug cheats, and some untimely losses to those opponents contributed significantly to his lack of a title shot.


Now, with nearly a decade of UFC experience, the 36-year-old is looking to make one final run at the belt. Bisping (25-7 MMA, 15-7 UFC) looks to continue the quest when he fights C.B. Dollaway (15-6 MMA, 9-6 UFC) on UFC 186’s main card, which airs on pay-per-view April 25 from Montreal’s Bell Centre.


It’s a pivotal bout for Bisping, who suffered a submission loss to Luke Rockhold in his most recent bout. Bisping is No. 12 in the USA TODAY Sports/MMAjunkie MMA middleweight rankings, but a win over No. 10-ranked Dollaway could give him a nice boost.


“I’m still aspiring to be the world champion one day, and that will never stop,” Bisping told our video partner, Rick J. Lee. “And I know a lot of people are probably watching this and saying, ‘Get a grip. Wake up and smell the coffee. It’s never going to happen.’


“Listen, believe you me, I have the capabilities. I know that, and I will not stop. I will beat C.B. Dollaway. I will climb that mountain. I will get to the top – again. And hopefully one day I will get my shot. And I can guarantee one thing when I do get my shot: I won’t fail my f-cking drug test for steroids. That’s a fact.”


Check out the full conversation above.


For more on UFC 186, check out the UFC Rumors section of the site.




Filed under: Featured Videos, News, UFC, Videos

No comments:

Post a Comment