Wednesday, March 18

Mark Munoz: I'm still getting blamed for Burt Watson's UFC exit


Some people just can't let it go.


After longtime "babysitter to the stars," Burt Watson, abruptly left his post with Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) following 14 years of loyal service, rumors began to surface regarding what led to his decision.


Just don't blame Ronda Rousey.


Watson himself cleared up the situation during this interview, though he refused to name the actual person who stepped to him in an unacceptable manner and forced him to part ways with the mixed martial arts (MMA) promotion.


And after clearing Mark Munoz of any wrongdoing in the incident -- despite the fact that the issues stemmed from his weight cut -- fight fans are still blaming "The Filipino Wrecking Machine" for UFC losing one of its most beloved employees.


Something the middleweight fighter says is completely unwarranted.


"People draw conclusions," Munoz told MMA Fighting. "Even on my social media, people were like, 'Man, you suck as a fighter now and now you're gonna bring Burt down with you.' And I'm like, 'What? What is going on right now? This is the first time I ever heard about this.'"


According to Watson, the person he beefed with didn't appreciate the fact that Munoz was left without a ride to get to back to his hotel to replenish fluids after he weighed in a second time.


An issue Mark himself didn't have a problem with.


"I was fine dehydrating in the tent where I was," Munoz said. "I was cool. Usually, that's what happens anyways. I wasn't waiting long when I got off the scale. I wasn't waiting long at all."


In fact, Munoz himself still doesn't know the exact details of what went down between Watson and the unnamed UFC official that lead to the split.


"The thing is, I don't know what happened," Munoz said. "I love Burt. I love the UFC. The UFC has treated me nothing but good. I don't know who's at fault."


Nevertheless, some fans want a name attached to the center of the beef, and unfortunately for Mark, it's his.


"It's still happening," Munoz said. "On my Twitter, on my Facebook, people are still blaming me."


And the mystery continues.


No comments:

Post a Comment