Monday, April 6

Al Iaquinta unapologetic for dropping f-bombs during UFC victory speech in Fairfax


Boo me? F--k you!


Al Iaquinta isn't one to bite his tongue.


That was never more evident than this past Saturday (April 4, 2015) as he unleashed a verbal tirade (see it) against the fans inside the Patriot Center in Fairfax, Virginia, following his controversial victory over Jorge Masvidal at UFC Fight Night 63.


Recap here.


During a recent stop on The MMA Hour, Al talked about why he was so heated at the booing fans who didn't appreciate the fact that he put his butt on the line to entertain them and got a nice scar on his face as a result.


Check it out:



"I was upset at the fans. If you listen to the decision, right after they announce me, everyone cheers and then he (Masvidal) kind of stormed out of the cage and made a big scene and that's when they started booing. I think one person started booing and then everyone started booing. It was like, 'Yeah, let boo this guy.' Whatever. No I don't regret it. I think if it went down the same way I'd do the same thing. You don't boo me. I'm the reason you're there watching. I put it out there on the line. I got this scar on my face. I got a scar from this. This ain't a joke, this is real. And then people start booing me. What am I going to do? Every time I look at this scar, I'm going to say, 'remember the time people booed me?' Now, every time I look at the scar I'll remember the time I cursed out Virginia and told them to go fuck themselves. So that's a little better, you know?"



Al also admitted that his verbal assault on the crowd was prompted by two people sitting, drinking beers who decided to flip him off. And had he been closer to them, they would of gotten a "kick in the ass" instead of a tongue lashing.


And while Iaquinta, who has quietly won four in a row, may have been unapologetic for his actions, the two men who gave him the middle finger now claim to be lifelong fans of the New Yorker after dialing into the MMA Hour to apologize to "Raging" Al.


From trashing hotel rooms to telling fans to go "fuck themselves," has Al replaced Nick Diaz as the new bad boy of MMA?


No comments:

Post a Comment