Friday, April 10

UFC champ Joanna Jedrzejczyk to Joanne Calderwood: Bring it on
















Filed under: Featured, Featured Videos, News, UFC, Videos

KRAKOW, Poland – If Joanne Calderwood wants a piece of the newly crowned UFC women’s strawweight champion, Joanna Jedrzejczyk says to bring it on.


We today caught up with the Polish titleholder ahead of her Q&A session prior to today’s UFC Fight Night 64 weigh-ins in Krakow, Poland. Saturday’s event marks the UFC’s debut in Poland, which is Jedrzejczyk’s home country.


Jedrzejczyk will be cageside at the UFC Fight Pass-streamed event, where Calderwood (9-0 MMA, 1-0 UFC) meets Maryna Moroz (5-0 MMA, 0-0 UFC). The Scottish fighter said – with a victory – she wants a shot at Jedrzejczyk, preferably in Glasgow, which hosts UFC Fight Night 73 on July 18.


A confident Jedrzejczyk (9-0 MMA, 3-0 UFC) is open to the idea.


“I don’t what’s going to happen, if she’s going to win or not,” Jedrzejczyk said. “I don’t care.


“If the UFC wants me to fight her, I will fight her. If they want me to fight in Glasgow, I will do this. … If they want me to fight ‘JoJo’ in Glasgow, I will do this. I will be ready.”


For more on that potential fight, Jedrzejczyk’s prediction for Saturday’s bout, and when she’ll be ready to fight again, check out the above video.


For more on UFC Fight Night 64 and UFC Fight Night 73, check out the UFC Rumors section of the site.




Filed under: Featured, Featured Videos, News, UFC, Videos

No comments:

Post a Comment