Sunday, March 29

Alistair Overeem amazed by Roy Nelson's durability at UFC 185


The former Strikeforce and K-1 champ spoke to Fox News about his UFC 185 win over "Big Country" in Dallas.


Alistair Overeeem spoke with Fox Sports after his UFC 185 win over Roy Nelson and had some complimentary things to say about "Big Country."


"I've rewatched (the fight) a couple of times. It was a very good performance. I broke Roy's ribs, he broke his hands on my head, I destroyed his leg," Overeem said. "He took like six or seven solid shots to the head. I tried to finish that fight. I was in phenomenal shape. My hat goes off to Roy Nelson, who absorbed it all. He took everything.


"It's not really healthy, but I have to say it was really good, although those kinds of fights aren't good for your career because it literally takes a couple of years off, but he took it," Overeem said. "He didn't go down, and he stayed dangerous until the end. I would say 99 percent of the other heavyweights would have been finished," Overeem said.


Reem credited the training he did with Greg Jackson and Mike Winkeljohn for his win.


No comments:

Post a Comment